from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An agent used to make something white or whiter.
- n. The act or process of making white or whiter.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a substance, such as a bleach, used to make something white or whiter
- n. the process of making something white or whiter
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or process of making or becoming white.
- n. That which is used to render white; whiting.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or process of making white.
- n. In leather manufacturing, the operation of cleaning and preparing the flesh side of a hide on a beam, preparatory to waxing.
- n. Tin-plating. See chemical plating, under plate, transitive verb
- n. Same as whiting.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. changing to a lighter color
Sorry, no etymologies found.