from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. commonly; generally; to a great degree
- adv. separated by a large distance
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. In a wide manner; to a wide degree or extent; far; extensively.
- adv. Very much; to a great degree or extent.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In or to a wide degree or extent; extensively; far and wide: as, a man who is widely known.
- Very much; very; greatly; extremely: as, two widely different accounts of an affair.
- So as to leave a wide space: at a distance.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. so as to leave much space or distance between
- adv. to a great degree
- adv. to or over a great extent or range; far
Sorry, no etymologies found.