from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A man whose wife has died and who has not remarried.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A man whose wife has died (and who has not re-married); masculine of widow.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A man who has lost his wife by death, and has not married again.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A man who has lost his wife by death.
- n. See the quotation.
- n. One who or that which widows or bereaves.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a man whose wife is dead especially one who has not remarried
Middle English widewer, from widewe, widow; see widow.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)