from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Informal A witty, often caustic remark.
- n. Informal A sudden shock, revelation, or turn of events.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Something that zings.
- n. A very rapidly moving object, especially one that is thrown.
- n. A surprising or unusually pointed or telling remark.
- n. An event that when experienced leaves the witness dazed, either physically or metaphorically.
- n. An outstanding, energetic and surprising thing or person.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a striking or amusing or caustic remark
Sorry, no etymologies found.