from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- intransitive verb Medicine To remove or destroy the function of (a body organ or tissue).
- intransitive verb To remove by erosion, melting, evaporation, or vaporization.
- intransitive verb To become ablated; undergo ablation.
from The Century Dictionary.
- To take away; remove.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- verb remove an organ or bodily structure
- verb wear away through erosion or vaporization
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[Back-formation from ablation.]
Sorry, no example sentences found.