from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- transitive verb To reduce to or separate into atoms.
- transitive verb To reduce to tiny particles or a fine spray.
- transitive verb To break into small fragments.
- transitive verb To subject to bombardment with atomic weapons.
from The Century Dictionary.
- To speculate respecting atoms. Cudworth.
- To reduce to atoms; reduce to very small particles, as a liquid; spray.
- Also spelled
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- transitive verb To reduce to atoms, or to fine spray.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb to separate into
- verb to make into a fine
- verb to
fragment(can be used metaphorically)
- verb to
bombwith nuclear weapons
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- verb break up into small particles
- verb spray very finely
- verb strike at with firepower or bombs
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.