from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- transitive verb To subject to the fumes of ether; anesthetize.
- transitive verb To etherify.
from The Century Dictionary.
- To convert into the chemical substance ether.
- To subject to the influence of ether: as, to
- Also spelled
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- transitive verb To convert into ether.
- transitive verb To render insensible by means of ether, as by inhalation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb To
- verb To render
insensibleby means of ether, as by inhalation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- verb anesthetize with ether
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
What am I saying? to etherize him, as here ether takes the place of earth.
I guess it was the strugglin 'that confused my mind, and I been wondering why I could etherize a lot of struggling young poets.
I got kind of mixed up -- I could think of nothin 'but etherize.
Therefore they etherize and dissect down for the purpose of exploring, to ascertain if the guess is right or wrong.