from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Another side of oneself; a second self.
- noun An intimate friend or a constant companion.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Second self; another self; counterpart; double.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun Somebody's alternate
personalityor persona; another self.
- noun A very close and intimate
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a very close and trusted friend who seems almost a part of yourself
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[Latin : alter, other + egoI, self.]
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
From Latin "other self", which is a translation of Zeno's Citium "allos ego"
Sorry, no example sentences found.