from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Another side of oneself; a second self.
- n. An intimate friend or a constant companion.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Somebody's alternate personality or persona; another self.
- n. A very close and intimate friend.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Second self; another self; counterpart; double.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a very close and trusted friend who seems almost a part of yourself
His alter ego was Delaroche, to whom he gave his daughter in marriage.
Evan Huter and his alter ego Ed McBain combined their talents to create Candyland, a novel in two parts, available from Pocket Books.
I sense that perhaps Wooden Boulder has become an alter ego for Nash: its unfolding story part of his life, the restless thing itself an embodiment of his soul.
"My alter ego Demoness Mentia is doing that, and keeping an eye on my seven-year-old son, Ted.
Even back when I was nominally happy, my friend Bryce actually went so far as to create a superhero alter ego for me: The Amazing Sublimated Man.