from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb transitive To give a severe
- verb To
attack suddenly; to alarm.
- verb To cause by some other means, injuries comparable to the result of being beaten up.
- verb reflexive To feel badly
guiltyand accuseoneself over something. Usually followed by overor about.
- verb military Repeatedly
bomba military target or targets.
- verb To get something done, derived from the idea of beating for game
- verb intransitive, nautical To sail to
windwardusing a series of alternate tacksacross the wind.
- adjective slang Battered by time and usage;
- noun A person who, or thing that, has been beaten up.
- noun An act of beating up:
- noun UK, Australia, New Zealand An
artificiallyor disingenuously manufactured alarmor outcry, especially one agitated by or through the media.
- noun forestry A tree planted later than others in a plantation.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.