from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Informal Of or producing a sensation of uneasiness or fear, as of things crawling on one's skin: a creepy feeling; a creepy story.
- adj. Informal Annoyingly unpleasant; repulsive: the creepy kids next door.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. producing an uneasy fearful sensation, as of things crawling over one's skin
- adj. strangely repulsive
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Crawly; having or producing a sensation like that caused by insects creeping on the skin.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Chilled and crawling, as with horror or fear.
- See creepie, creepie.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. annoying and unpleasant
- adj. causing a sensation as of things crawling on your skin
So I know there's been threads regarding creepy men and I can see why a guy might feel insulted or take the term creepy offensively.
Even the word creepy comes from the same word as the oldest term for folks like me, the politically incorrect cripple.
This is company who's former CEO, Eric Schmidt, described Google's approach this way: ÂThere is what I call the creepy line.
This is company who's former CEO, Eric Schmidt, described Google's approach this way: There is what I call the creepy line.
The kids are doing what they call creepy crawling.
"There is what I call the creepy line," he said, according to The Hill.
"It's really remarkable how often I saw the word 'creepy'" in the survey comments, McKee said.
Classmates, relatives and friends were incensed over what they called creepy, insensitive messages about Pilkington, many posted anonymously and also appearing on other Internet sites since her death.
That's what I call creepy, spooky feelings like those the reader gets when Inman is up in the isolated deep mountains and you don't know if the Home Guard is about to find him.
If only people didn't keep dying horrible deaths in creepy corridors ...