from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- intransitive v. To expel intestinal gas through the anus; break wind.
- n. An often audible discharge of intestinal gas.
- n. An annoying or foolish person.
- fart around To fool around; fritter time away.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To emit digestive gases from the anus; to flatulate.
- v. To waste time with idle and inconsequential tasks; to go about one's activities in a lackadaisical manner; to be lazy or over-relaxed in one's manner or bearing.
- n. An irritating person; a fool.
- n. (usually as "old fart") An elderly person; especially one perceived to hold old-fashioned views.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To discharge or expel wind through the anus; break wind.
- n. A discharge of wind through the anus.
- n. A Portugal fig.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a reflex that expels intestinal gas through the anus
- v. expel intestinal gases through the anus
An occasional brain fart is funny, but if it's a symptom of something deeper that's actually serious.
Saying the word 'fart' makes me laugh, he tells the mag.
Dd. P.S. Seriously, though, I learned that a fart is a “social non-event.”
Katie isn’t or wasn’t running as VP … a little brain fart is okay, for Palin for the flatulence is annoying and stinks to high heaven!
Having some transindental brain fart and not being able “to look at something I've killed” is a load of poopy (sorry, need to keep this clean for the kids).
If Obama suddenly had a brain fart and appointed Easterbrook to SCOTUS, think Republicans would complain?
A fact the renders the rest of your meanderings as the intellectual equivalent of a brain fart in the heaping pile of for-profit manure.
February 22nd, 2010 at 5: 23 pm linzloo08 brought to you by I Want My Country Back, Inc.!! says: is = it brain fart ..
Sorry brain fart … this is my stupid moment for the week and I thank you for the correction.
I had a temporary brain fart and mixed those two books up.