from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A foolish, incompetent, or stupid person.
- n. A barbiturate or tranquilizer pill, especially when taken for nonmedical purposes.
- adj. Silly or outlandish: "Underneath his goofball braggadocio lies a kind of purity” ( David Ansen).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A foolish or silly person.
- n. A pill or tablet containing a pharmaceutical which has hypnotic or intoxicating effects, especially a barbiturate.
- adj. Silly.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a man who is a stupid incompetent fool
- n. a person who amuses others by ridiculous behavior
Now THIS goofball is escalating this Insane war in Afghanistan, which will further drain resources that we don't have.
Thank God the only way this goofball is going to the White House is with a tour ticket.
Economist, former assistant Treasury Secretary in the Reagan administration and associate editor of the Wall Street Journal editorial page; yesterday called the goofball the president in case anyone has any doubt an “insane war criminal” in an article on counterpunch.org because the nincompoop seems intent on war with Iran.
The above description fits not only the situation of the absurdly titled goofball comedy that opened Friday but also the friendship between star/producer
They were just learning their instruments, thrilled at being in the famous Buddy Rich's band until they got on the gig, finally with a chance to star, and, shit, they blew CLAMS. That's what Buddy called goofball playing--"You're blowing clams and god-dammit, I'll not have clam blowing in my band...if I hear you guys blowing clams I'm kicking you off this bus...."
Sounds like exactly the kind of goofball comedy I love, but I'll almost certainly have to wait for DVD to ever see this one.
You used to play kind of goofball, lovable, dorky guys in the past.
I was in the 'goofball' part of my cycle, but it didn't matter.
And yet you have the chutzpah to smear her as a 'goofball'.
Loved ones are remembering Shaun Mittler as a "goofball" who enjoyed sports, the outdoors, camping and hanging out with his family.