from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The overall condition of an organism at a given time.
- n. Soundness, especially of body or mind; freedom from disease or abnormality.
- n. A condition of optimal well-being: concerned about the ecological health of the area.
- n. A wish for someone's good health, often expressed as a toast.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A state of well-being or balance, often physical but sometimes also mental and social; the overall level of function of an organism from the cellular (micro) level to the social (macro) level.
- n. Physical condition.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state of being hale, sound, or whole, in body, mind, or soul; especially, the state of being free from physical disease or pain.
- n. A wish of health and happiness, as in pledging a person in a toast.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Soundness of body; that condition of a living organism and of its various parts and functions which conduces to efficient and prolonged life; a normal bodily condition.
- n. In an extended use, the general condition of the body with reference to the degree of soundness and vigor, whether normal or impaired: as, good health; ill health; how is your health?
- n. Natural vigor of the faculties; moral or intellectual soundness.
- n. Power of healing, or giving health; capacity for restoring, strengthening, enlightening, purifying, etc.: chiefly in Scripture.
- n. A salutation or a toast; an invocation of health and happiness for another: as, to drink a health to one.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a healthy state of wellbeing free from disease
- n. the general condition of body and mind
You might be interested in health taxonomies. taxonomies ~health finds healthcare, medicine, medical.
And while the health vertical online is quite competitive, many of the names in the segment are not well known to consumers because of the occasional nature of health search.
-- 'Be careful to let no fretting injure your health as I have suffered it -- health is the greatest of blessings -- with _health_ and
Never fear the toil to her: exercise is good for health; and without _health_ there is _no beauty_; a sick beauty may excite pity, but pity is a short-lived passion.
Advice to Young Men And (Incidentally) to Young Women in the Middle and Higher Ranks of Life. In a Series of Letters, Addressed to a Youth, a Bachelor, a Lover, a Husband, a Father, a Citizen, or a Subject.
IBM buys firm that serves health-care industry - Chicago Tribune kumarworld21 IBM buys firm that serves health-care industry | IBM Corp. said Wednesday it is buying Initiate Systems, a .. luckyhendrik #health IBM buys firm that serves health-care industry: By Wailin Wong Tribune reporter IBM Corp. said Wednesday i ... noetical Nancy Pelosi's new health care plan
Now if I want to find everything I have tagged under health and social networking, all I need to do is search for to: +health or to: +socialnetworking and bingo, the article turns up.
Now in the primitive church the faithful, and even those in health, used to communicate not only during mass, but also at other times, as is evident from the office of the presanctified, at which, according to the Gelasian sacramentary, all present communicated, as well as from the numerous ancient instances of communion under one kind mentioned in the preceding chapter; for in these cases it was not received during the mass, and many of them are cases of "_persons in health_".
#health newcoventry Canada breathes a sigh of relief as they no longer have to cover all those American athlete's health care any longer.
what is the X factor in this? is it money or health or partner or childrin? health +childrin+partner - money = ZERO …. you cant injoy life money +health +partner - childrin = ZERO …. childrin are the sweet of life partner + mony+ childrin - health = ZERO …. you will spind your time with doctors
Slide 9: International Human Rights Framework (3) KEY PRINCIPLE: Everyone has the right to the enjoyment of the highest attainable standard of physical and mental health - Article 12, International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (entered into force, 1976) Key concepts in rights-based approaches to health*: Hold duty-bearers accountable - respect, protect, and fulfill rights (¶ 33 - 37) Progressive realization (¶