from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun An agent that promotes recovery from injury or ailment; a medicine.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A healing substance; anything used as a curative; a medicine or remedy; now, more especially, a healing substance applied externally.
- noun Medicinal effect; curative power; the property of healing or remedying disease or disorder.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun Anything used for healing diseases or wounds, especially a medicine; a medication; a healing application.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A
medicine, medicationor drug
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun (medicine) something that treats or prevents or alleviates the symptoms of disease
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[Latin medicāmentum, from medicāre, to cure; see medicate.]
Sorry, no example sentences found.