from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An agent that promotes recovery from injury or ailment; a medicine.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A medicine, medication or drug
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Anything used for healing diseases or wounds, especially a medicine; a medication; a healing application.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A healing substance; anything used as a curative; a medicine or remedy; now, more especially, a healing substance applied externally.
- n. Medicinal effect; curative power; the property of healing or remedying disease or disorder.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (medicine) something that treats or prevents or alleviates the symptoms of disease
The autoinjectors manufactured, for example by Owen Mumford, thus use very low pressures to inject the medicament, which is injected through a needle in a relatively slow stream.
There was a cheerful warmth everywhere; the air was like an elixir; the pungent smell of a pine-tree at the door gave a kind of medicament to the indrawn breath.
There was a cheerful warmth everywhere, the air was like an elixir, the pungent smell of a pine-tree at the door gave a kind of medicament to the indrawn breath.
(_amuletum_) is a kind of medicament hung about the neck or other part of the body to prevent or remove diseases.
a kind of medicament, hung about the neck, or other part of the body, to prevent or remove disease.
Ce medicament NE DOIT PAS ETRE UTILISE chez les enfants ayant des antecedents de convulsions!
I mean, there's no medicament which will change this.
And the big problem was that the company knew in '62 that this medicament is improving this kind of handicap, but they took it from the market nearly a year later.
Mr. QUASTHOFF: Well, it - first of all, it was a matter kind of pain-relief medicament.
A friendly publicist, selling the Botox-usurping medicament, claimed that hotty quarterback Matt Leinart swooped up some Restylane for his very own mama.