from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act of pouring out.
- n. Something that pours out or is poured out; an outflow: an outpouring of lava; an outpouring of charges and countercharges.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The sudden flowing of a large amount of something.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An unrestrained expression (of emotion, feeling).
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A pouring out; outflow; effusion.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a sudden rapid flow (as of water)
- n. the rapid and continuous delivery of linguistic communication (spoken or written)
- n. the pouring forth of a fluid
- n. a large flow
- n. a natural flow of ground water
Sorry, no etymologies found.
"It seems like the outpouring is just tremendous here," Cea said.
This vitriolic outpouring is exactly why Obama will be the next Geroge McGovern and will lose all but 5 states.
Everyone will be clear â€ this outpouring is just the beginning of a new kind of movement which takes the offensive in society and really wages a pitched political battle for the whole direction of the future.
There was a great outpouring from the progressive media and the blogosphere about it, and I didn't feel I had anything to add.
I remember that their telling expose of Bentley-which started the process of the ignoble end to the "outpouring" - reported that there seemed to be little lasting effect in Lakeland, Florida as a result of the revival.
The outpouring from the world to assist Haiti is proof enough the trolls have no clue how to live outside of the double-wide a/o ‘Mom’s basement’.
Human rights groups have called the outpouring of support through social networking channels and YouTube videos “an unprecedented and enormously powerful tool to harness support for Suu Kyi and highlight her struggle.”
A true-grass roots campaign is spontaneous, passionate and characterized by an outpouring of support by common folk.
Included in this outpouring were the books Flying to Cambodia and Crime of the Century, the trilogy Survival Song, and numerous shorter works of 10, 20 and 30 pages, including The White Paper Series.
The gift of the outpouring is a gift because it stays earth and sky, divinities and mortals.