from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A cloth case, stuffed with something soft, such as down, feathers, or foam rubber, used to cushion the head, especially during sleep.
- n. A decorative cushion.
- n. The pad on which bobbin lace is made.
- transitive v. To rest (one's head) on or as if on a pillow.
- transitive v. To serve as a pillow for: Grass pillowed my head.
- intransitive v. To rest on or as if on a pillow.
- intransitive v. To assume the shape of a pillow.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A soft cushion used to support the head in bed.
- n. A pillow lava.
- v. To rest as on a pillow.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Anything used to support the head of a person when reposing; especially, a sack or case filled with feathers, down, hair, or other soft material.
- n. A piece of metal or wood, forming a support to equalize pressure; a brass; a pillow block.
- n. A block under the inner end of a bowsprit.
- n. A kind of plain, coarse fustian.
- transitive v. To rest or lay upon, or as upon, a pillow; to support.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A head-rest used by a person reclining; specifically, a soft elastic cushion filled with down, feathers, curled hair, or other yielding material, used to support the head during repose.
- n. A block or support resembling such a cushion in form or use.
- n. A kind of plain fustian.
- To rest or place on or as on a pillow for support.
- To rest the head on or as on a pillow.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a cushion to support the head of a sleeping person
- v. rest on or as if on a pillow
I've never heard the term pillow slip before, but I like the way it sounds -- like lingerie for the bed.
From: Has the iPhone killed the girl phone? we're customising the inside not the outside thats pretty damn awesome ... and arent we supposed to used the term pillow in the uk? haha ...
The term pillow comes from the observation that these stacked protrusions are sack - or pillow-shaped in cross section.
I have tried a number of eco-friendly pillows over the last couple years and the Essentia pillow is the closest to ideal I've used.
The size and weight of the pillow is another plus in my book.
"That's just what we call pillow talk, baby..." starscream9289
I ordered the product from them and later learned the pillow is actually drop shipped by Bean Products and does not come from Greenfeet.
On one side of the pillow is your pet's fur and the other side of the pillow is your choice of fabric.
Doctor, my pillow is always disappearing on me, and I keep waking up to a full stomach …
"Oh that's just what we call pillow talk, baby ..."