from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To inflate with air.
- v. To swell due to injury or illness.
- v. To become proud. (Often written as puffed up with pride.)
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. praise extravagantly
- v. to swell or cause to enlarge,
- v. become filled with pride, arrogance, or anger
- v. make larger or distend
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Train-Shaped Expandable Sponges: biodegradable (flushable) sponges that puff up to look like trains when they’re wet (see Resources)
As they walked along one pyramid, an asura krewe swarmed the slanted side, hauling a huge dandelion puff up the incline.