from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To build again.
- transitive v. To make extensive structural repairs on.
- transitive v. To remodel or make extensive changes in: tried to rebuild society.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To build again.
- n. An act of rebuilding.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To build again, as something which has been demolished; to construct anew.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To build or build up again; build or construct after having been demolished; reconstruct or reconstitute: as, to rebuild a house, a wall, a wharf, or a city; to rebuild one's credit.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. build again
Sorry, no etymologies found.
No instructions are supplied to tell the user whether rebuild is a command issued to the master or the blank mirror.
Any image rebuild is like to be slow and cumbersome.
Ms. KILLION: No. The Giants pitching staff has really been they're trying to rebuild from the Barry Bonds years.
•The big picture: This is a rebuild from the ground up.
Claims to have had his foot rebuild from the same landmine.
As the White House releases a report on the devastating impacts of global warming to the United States today, Iowans are still struggling to rebuild from the extreme floods that ravaged their state one year ago.
As previously reported, Mark Evanier is helping Len Wein rebuild his collection of his own work after losing it in a house fire a few weeks ago.
After the war, Des Gouttes went to great lengths to restore the international leadership of the World's Alliance as the Association attempted to rebuild from the devastation of the war.
Which means McCain will feel enormous pressure tomorrow night to produce a game-changing moment, lest the trend become irreversible and Republicans start ruminating openly about how to rebuild from the ashes of an apocalyptic defeat.
" The last couple of years we called a rebuild phase, and I think we thought this year was the year we would get rid of that, " said forward Blake Comeau.