from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- intransitive v. To play or frolic boisterously.
- intransitive v. To run or advance in a rapid or easy manner.
- intransitive v. Slang To win a race or game easily.
- n. Lively, merry play; frolic.
- n. Lively or frolicsome play that encompasses lovemaking.
- n. One, especially a girl, that sports and frolics.
- n. A rapid or easy pace.
- n. Slang An easy win.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To play about roughly, energetically or boisterously.
- v. (US) (Often used with down) To press forcefully, to encourage vehemently, to oppress.
- v. To win easily.
- v. To engage in playful or boisterous sex.
- n. A period of boisterous play, a frolic.
- n. A bout of playful or boisterous sex.
- n. A girl who indulges in boisterous play; a tomboy.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A girl who indulges in boisterous play.
- n. Rude, boisterous play or frolic; rough sport.
- intransitive v. To play rudely and boisterously; to leap and frisk about in play.
- intransitive v. To go rapidly and without strained effort.
- intransitive v. To win easily; -- often used with over, in sports games
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To play rudely and boisterously; leap and frisk about in play.
- In racing, to run easily, as if in a frolic; run without effort; hence, to accomplish something with apparently little effort.
- n. A rude girl who indulges in boisterous play.
- n. Rude play or frolic: as, a game of romps.
- n. In racing, an easy, unforced pace.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a girl who behaves in a boyish manner
- n. an easy victory
- v. run easily and fairly fast
- v. win easily
- v. play boisterously
- n. gay or light-hearted recreational activity for diversion or amusement
A Palin romp through early Republican primaries coupled with enduring unpopularity for President Obama, Heilemann believes, would also give rise to an "Isn't there anyone else out there who can save us?"
The alpha and omega of giantess films: This sci-fi teen romp is about a pack of out-of-town joyriding teens led by Beau Bridges (!) that wind up in a small town after crashing their car in a rain storm.
This fish-out-of-water romp is just the thing to cure those grey, February doldrums!!
USATODAY. com - Packer, CBS change game plan in romp, come through
Packer, CBS change game plan in romp, come through
North Carolina had lofty expectations to meet this season, but Monday's title romp showed it could live up to them, Mark Kriegel
North Carolina lives up to hype with title romp by Mark Kriegel
I had a pretty good time with the demo, but I still don’t think this kid-friendly ninja romp is worth a full retail price of $60/$50.
"Mile Marker Zero" can be more accurately described as a romp.
Even when it flowed out of the wrapper in a shapeless mass, I went into extasy that could have been best described as a romp in the hay with M Monroe or E Taylor.