from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various large food and game fishes of the genera Salmo and Oncorhynchus, of northern waters, having delicate pinkish flesh and characteristically swimming from salt to fresh water to spawn.
- n. A moderate, light, or strong yellowish pink to a moderate reddish orange or light orange.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One of several species of fish of the Salmonidae family.
- n. A yellowish pink colour, the colour of cooked salmon.
- n. snout (tobacco; from salmon and trout)
- adj. Having a yellowish pink colour.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Any one of several species of fishes of the genus Salmo and allied genera. The common salmon (Salmo salar) of Northern Europe and Eastern North America, and the California salmon, or quinnat, are the most important species. They are extensively preserved for food. See quinnat.
- n. A reddish yellow or orange color, like the flesh of the salmon.
- adj. Of a reddish yellow or orange color, like that of the flesh of the salmon.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A fish of the genus Salmo (S. salar), found in all the northern parts of Europe, America, and Asia.
- n. One of various fishes of the same family as the above, but of different genera.
- n. One of various fishes, not of the family Salmonidæ, suggestive of or mistaken for a salmon.
- n. The upper bricks in a kiln, which in firing receive the least heat: so called from their color.
- To sicken or poison with salmon, as dogs.
- n. See sauqui.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of various large food and game fishes of northern waters; usually migrate from salt to fresh water to spawn
- n. a pale pinkish orange color
- adj. of orange tinged with pink
- n. flesh of any of various marine or freshwater fish of the family Salmonidae
- n. a tributary of the Snake River in Idaho
Two days after, when I looked at it again, the shepherdess's attire was changed -- she had on no longer the pea-green dress over the salmon, but a _salmon_ dress over a _pea-green_ slip.
I always have the salmon sushi with chili ’salmon nigiri’ and D., the ebi prawn nigiri with herb pesto.
Another yummy part of the salmon is actually the belly.
"We have what I call a salmon economy," says Schweitzer; "all our young leave the state, and then they come home to die."
In the name of salmon before in the name of humanity?
He fully thinks hackers are going to save the day and people are going to blow up dams in the name of salmon.
Turn over and cook for 1 – 2 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked through.
And salmon is just perfect anyway ... crispy is delicious.
Cook for 3 – 5 minutes, or until the pan side of the salmon is lightly browned.
Divide the salmon fingers between the 2 pans and cook for 2 minutes, or until the pan side of the salmon is lightly browned.