from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Representation of usually household objects, such as flowers or food, in painting or photography.
- noun A painting, picture, or photograph of such objects.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun See
still life, under still.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun a type of painting in which inanimate objects such as flowers or fruit are represented.
- noun the inanimate subject matter of a
still lifepainting or photograph.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun a
work of art depictingan arrangementof inanimate objects
- noun cellular automata A
patternthat does not change from one generationto the next.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a painting of inanimate objects such as fruit or flowers
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.