from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Capable of moving or of being moved readily from place to place: a mobile organism; a mobile missile system.
- adj. Capable of moving or changing quickly from one state or condition to another: a mobile, expressive face.
- adj. Fluid; unstable: a mobile situation following the coup.
- adj. Marked by the easy intermixing of different social groups: a mobile community.
- adj. Moving relatively easily from one social class or level to another: an upwardly mobile generation.
- adj. Tending to travel and relocate frequently: a restless, mobile society.
- adj. Flowing freely; fluid: a mobile liquid.
- n. A type of sculpture consisting of carefully equilibrated parts that move, especially in response to air currents.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Capable of being moved.
- adj. By agency of mobile phones.
- n. A sculpture or decorative arrangement made of items hanging so that they can move independently from each other (Wikipedia).
- n. A mobile phone (Wikipedia).
- n. Something that can move.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Capable of being moved; not fixed in place or condition; movable.
- adj. Characterized by an extreme degree of fluidity; moving or flowing with great freedom
- adj. Easily moved in feeling, purpose, or direction; excitable; changeable; fickle.
- adj. Changing in appearance and expression under the influence of the mind.
- adj. Capable of being moved, aroused, or excited; capable of spontaneous movement.
- adj. Capable of moving readily, or moving frequenty from place to place.
- adj. Having motor vehicles to permit movement from place to place.
- n. The mob; the populace.
- n. a form of sculpture having several sheets or rods of a stiff material attached to each other by thin wire or twine in a balanced and artfully arranged tree configuration, with the topmost member suspended in air from a support so that the parts may move independently when set in motion by a current of air.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Changeable; fickle.
- Capable of being moved from place to place.
- Moving; in motion; not stationary.
- Movable; easily moving or movable; capable of facile movement; hence, changing; quickly responding to emotion or impulse.
- n. That which is movable.
- n. A moving principle; a mover.
- n. The populace; the rabble; the mob.
- n. A name proposed as a substitute for motor-vehicle, or automobile.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. moving or capable of moving readily (especially from place to place)
- adj. migratory
- n. a river in southwestern Alabama; flows into Mobile Bay
- adj. affording change (especially in social status)
- adj. having transportation available
- adj. capable of changing quickly from one state or condition to another
- n. a port in southwestern Alabama on Mobile Bay
- n. sculpture suspended in midair whose delicately balanced parts can be set in motion by air currents
AmplifyMindware Hi mobile lovers, want to learn #mobile multimedia programming
Making money in mobile is extremely nascent leaving opportunity for new technologies, new strategies, and new business models.
That being said … the term mobile broadband often times refers to the cellular-phone-provider type of broadband Internet connection (s).
The term mobile broadband describes many different types of high-speed Internet access through a portable modem, telephone device, or other similar communication type of gear.
The label mobile, however, encompasses a wide range of technologies, from software to semiconductors to enterprise applications.
A Harvard professor had deemed the floating lounges - what we call mobile lounges today - "silly."
Skype functionality on a mobile is a great function but the real benefit is only when you dial a Skype number.
Whether it be surfing the web, checking email, sending text messages or talking — my mobile is the center of my daily existence.
Inputting Japanese into your mobile is a bit more complex than your average T9 and there are various competing systems vying for a place on the latest handset models.
All the videos have to be less than 1 minute long and have been shot with cell phones or PDAs, what they call mobile communication terminals.