from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of travel.
- n. A violation committed by progressing while holding the ball instead of dribbling it.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of laboring; labor; toil.
- n. The act of making a journey, especially in foreign countries.
- n. Motion of any kind; change of place; passage.
- Itinerant; peddling.
- Movable; moving: as, a traveling crane. See crane, 1.
- Nautical, movable from place to place on a traveler.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of going from one place to another
Sorry, no etymologies found.
One of my greatests pleasures in traveling is eating and exploring the local cuisine.
Mississippi used to have what they called a traveling electric chair.
This year's gas prices combined with other troubling aspects of the U.S. economy have pushed some Americans to what we call the traveling tipping point.
Now to be part of what you call the traveling press, meaning those reporters who are traveling with them in the plane, who are following them 24/7, all of our requests so far have been denied.
For one American client who traveled to Zurich to meet with Casadei, the banker provided what she called "traveling statements," or bank statements that did not identify the client, who had inherited his assets, by name, the indictment said.
Nina - (that's what you call your traveling companions when you want to let her know that perhaps her actions aren't of the prudent sort) how do you know this guy's for real?
RT @EdHenryCNN: The WH press office just called reporters in traveling pool to show up & get ready for the motorcade taking Pres to Cap Hill
I do not want to go through Monclova and am looking for routes to bypass that city, that would allow traveling from the border to San Miguel in one day.
No tell motels are a great help to us in traveling around Mexico with them.
Say you ask someone how long a train traveling at 60 mph will take to get to a destination 30 miles away.