from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To push or throw over; overturn or overthrow. See Synonyms at overthrow.
- intransitive v. To totter and fall.
- intransitive v. To lean over as if about to fall.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. to push, throw over, overturn or overthrow something
- v. to totter and fall, or to lean as if about to do so
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- intransitive v. To fall forward; to pitch or tumble down.
- transitive v. To throw down; to overturn.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To fall top or head foremost; fall forward as having too heavy a top; pitch or tumble down.
- To overhang; jut, as if threatening to fall.
- To throw headlong; tumble; overturn; upset.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. cause to topple or tumble by pushing
- v. fall down, as if collapsing
And while this is dark fantasy, my goal was to instill a sense of life and fun in it so it doesn't topple from the weight of its own myopic misery.
The potential to topple is there when the main focus is not the foundation but the behavior layer.
I am struggling with balance … feel just like I do RIGHT before I topple from a yoga posture.
Yes…what has transpired since the topple is a BAD situation.
Professor Thernstrom has not retracted her comments to Politico about the conservative commissoners deliberately trying to "topple" the
Instead they train their fire on the apostasy of Republican Commissioner Abigail Thernstrom, who first identified the investigation as an effort to "topple" the Obama administration and offered a brief, one-page dissent the conservative commissioners dismiss as lacking "specifics."
I know HRC is not super popular among lefty bloggers but I don't think there's a movement to "topple" her -- at least by any large faction of the netroots.
Two wars twelve years apart it took to "topple" him, and in between, sanctions made him fabulously rich.
We do not wish them to "topple," but if somebody has got to fall we would rather it were not ourselves.
Will Leonardo DiCaprio and 'Shutter Island' topple 'Avatar' from the top of the box office?