from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A legislative assembly of inhabitants of a town.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a legal meeting of the inhabitants of a town entitled to vote, for the transaction of public bisiness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In New England. New York, Wisconsin, Michigan. Minnesota, and Illinois, a primary meeting of the voters of a town or township, legally summoned for the consideration of matters of local administration. The functions of the town-meeting are most extensive in New England.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a meeting of the inhabitants of a town
- n. government of a town by an assembly of the qualified voters
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.