from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One of a set of three identical objects or copies.
- transitive v. To make threefold; triple.
- transitive v. To make three identical copies of.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Each of a set of three identical objects or copies.
- v. To make three identical copies of something.
- v. To triple.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Made thrice as much; threefold; tripled.
- n. A third thing corresponding to two others of the same kind.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Triple; threefold; consisting of or related to a triad, or three corresponding parts; composed of three similars: as, a triplicate certificate.
- n. One of three things corresponding in every respect to one another.
- To treble; repeat a second time; make threefold; produce a third corresponding to a first and second.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. one of three copies; any of three things that correspond to one another exactly
- v. reproduce threefold
Or did a bureaucracy bomb explode somewhere along the way, turning every piece of paper into a form in triplicate?
In both instances Leahy (among other dems) insisted on having copies (in triplicate) of every single order (including, yes, 1-page orders re continuances, Rule 41 dismissals, etc.), copies of any public remarks, plus an farrago of other documents and transcripts (re various in-court hearings) etc. before any hearing would be scheduled.
By the way, whats with doing everything repeatedly and in triplicate and having ‘risk assessments’ for a bloody headache?
Mexico might contribute guidance if all paperwork, in triplicate, could be reduced to computer data.
Everyone speaks at least three languages, and road signs and menus appear in triplicate, too.
You not only did it many times twice, but many times in triplicate too.
Associated crime reports in triplicate I kid you not.
The contracts had to be completed in triplicate: one copy going to the employer, another copy to the laborer, and a third copy to be filed with the landdrost.
Or ensuring the forms we use in triplicate are restocked.
Voting papers will be available in triplicate, with a cut and paste option and the pencil will be cuffed to the polling booth.