from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The condition of being uncertain; doubt.
- noun Something uncertain.
- noun Statistics The estimated amount or percentage by which an estimated or calculated value may differ from the true value.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The character or state of being uncertain; want of certainty.
- noun Of persons: a state of doubt; a state in which one knows not what to think or do; hesitation; irresolution.
- noun Something not certainly or exactly known; anything not determined, settled, or established; a contingency.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun The quality or state of being uncertain.
- noun That which is uncertain; something unknown.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun uncountable
doubt; the conditionof being uncertainor without conviction.
- noun countable Something uncertain or
- noun uncountable (
mathematics) A parameterthat measures the dispersionof a rangeof measured values.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the state of being unsure of something
- noun being unsettled or in doubt or dependent on chance
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
un- + certainty.
Sorry, no example sentences found.