from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not yet determined or settled; open: Our position on this bill is still undecided.
- adj. Not having reached a decision; uncommitted: undecided voters.
- n. One, such as a voter, that has not yet reached a decision: "Will this joint interview make up minds among the vast throng of undecideds?” ( William Safire).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Open and not yet settled or determined.
- adj. Uncommitted, not having reached a decision.
- n. A voter etc. who has not yet come to a decision.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not decided or determined; not settled.
- Not having one's mind made up or one's purpose fixed; irresolute.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. characterized by indecision
- adj. not yet having made a commitment
- adj. not brought to a conclusion; subject to further thought
Sorry, no etymologies found.
(Soundbite of music) INSKEEP: Some Senate races remain undecided this morning.
Yeah, but undecided is at 18% and he hasn't spent a dime yet.
Of course, that can get pretty bunched up looking so I remain undecided about what to do.
His connections remain undecided about going on to the May 16 Preakness, preferring to take some time to see how their upstart is doing.
The chances of Meek falling below 16%, along with all of the voters who remain undecided going to Crist currently appears to be a pipedream.
Many delegates remain undecided whom to blame for the failure to win an outright majority.
But the race isn't necessarily over: 20 percent of likely voters remain undecided, and more voters say Pagliuca is running the best campaign.
The 35% of democrat voters that are undecided is because no one was able to contact them in their graves.
Opinion polls show a close race between Mr. Dombrovskis's Unity group and Harmony Center, but more than 46% of voters remain undecided so the outcome is far from certain.
Many voters remain undecided, so just a little of your time now can have a major impact in helping the animals on Tuesday.