from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to Australia or its peoples, languages, or cultures.
- adj. Ecology Of, relating to, or being the zoogeographic region that includes Australia and the islands adjacent to it, including New Guinea, New Zealand, Polynesia, and Tasmania.
- n. A native or inhabitant of Australia.
- n. A member of any of the Aboriginal peoples of Australia.
- n. Any of the languages of the Aboriginal peoples of Australia.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person from the country of Australia or of Australian descent.
- n. A person from the continent of Australia.
- n. A language of the country or continent of Australia; Australian (Australian English).
- adj. Of, from, or pertaining to Australia, the Australian people or Australian languages.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Australia.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to Australia, a large island, often classed as a continent, south of Asia.
- n. A native or an inhabitant of Australia; specifically, a member of the aboriginal race of Australia.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a native or inhabitant of Australia
- adj. of or relating to or characteristic of Australia or its inhabitants or its languages
- n. the Austronesian languages spoken by Australian aborigines
Sorry, no etymologies found.