from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One of a breed of American domestic fowl having gray, barred plumage, yellow legs, and a rose-colored comb.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An American breed of chicken with a rose comb and a heavy plumage of irregularly striped black-and-white feathers.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. an American breed of chicken having barred gray plumage raised for meat and brown eggs.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Name of a West Indian island: applied to an old American breed of fowls having barred plumage resembling that of the Plymouth Rock.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. American breed of chicken having barred grey plumage raised for meat and brown eggs
After Dominica .(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)