from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One of a breed of American domestic fowl having gray, barred plumage, yellow legs, and a rose-colored comb.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An American breed of chicken with a rose comb and a heavy plumage of irregularly striped black-and-white feathers.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. an American breed of chicken having barred gray plumage raised for meat and brown eggs.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Name of a West Indian island: applied to an old American breed of fowls having barred plumage resembling that of the Plymouth Rock.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. American breed of chicken having barred grey plumage raised for meat and brown eggs
Dominique: England's chant is to the melody of some class ... purelyshin: @Dominique: I checked a huge discography and ... purelyshin: The boots are hotter than the panty shot.
On a sidewalk, the term Dominique Wilkins refers to people trying to weave through a crowd with intense purpose but little to no foresight.
-- FIU got early commitments from five players, including a 4-star power forward in Dominique Ferguson of Chatham, Va.
I doubt it would surprise you if I told you that Dominique is substantially more likable than Belinda.
It feels like Dominique is hand-waving for you, suggesting that “Yeah, the author knows how over-the-top Belinda is.”
I called her "Dominique," and then "Dagney," and she smiled and touched my arm.
Dominique is cold, hard and indifferent, enlivened only, it seems, by special forms of hatred.
Dominique is the hardest to describe, because her portrait is the most confused and potentially misleading of all those Rand creates.
- The counters in Dominique Dagits laboratory are lined with plastic containers holding preserved fish that have yet to be given scientific names.
Yes, somehow, in the course of this, I managed to forget entirely that there were any such creature inhabiting the body in my arms other than one called Dominique, willing virgin.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.