from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An impractical idealist bent on righting incorrigible wrongs.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A Spanish novel whose full title is El ingenioso hidalgo don Quijote de la Mancha (The Ingenious Gentleman Don Quixote of La Mancha).
- proper n. The protagonist of the novel.
- n. Any person or character who displays quixotism.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the hero of a romance by Cervantes; chivalrous but impractical
- n. any impractical idealist (after Cervantes' hero)
After Don Quixote, hero of a satirical chivalric romance by Miguel de Cervantes.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)