from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A Spanish gentleman; a cavalier.
- n. A man who is skilled in riding and managing horses; a horseman.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A horseman, particularly in the Latin American context
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A knight or cavalier; hence, a gentleman.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A Spanish knight or gentleman.
- n. A grave and stately Spanish dance.
Spanish, from Late Latin caballārius, horse groom, from Latin caballus, horse.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Spanish caballero (Wiktionary)