American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- A city of northeast Texas, an industrial and residential suburb of Fort Worth. Population: 38,200.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A wood or grove: now used chiefly in local names, as Hurst, Hazlehurst, Lyndhurst, etc. See the etymology.
- n. The husk or frame of a run of millstones.
- n. The ring of the helve of a trip-hammer, which supports the trunnions.
- n. A sand-bank near a river; also, a shallow in a river.
- n. A surname.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A wood or grove; -- a word used in the composition of many names, as in Hazle
“Thieves steal $3,400 in panties in Texas suburb: HURST, Texas - Police are looking for two men and a woman they say snatched $3,400 worth of panties from a Victoria's Secret in a Texas suburb of Hurst.”
“Michael Hurst is an author, speaker and dating coach based in the Washington, DC area.”
“Where can I find a book called East to West by Kevin Hurst on pigeons?”
“I think Hurst is chief among what is wrong with the art world today.”
“Since 1986, it has been titled "Hurst's The Heart.”
“It seems like a really nice neighborhood in Hurst.”
“All of these can be characterized by what is called the Hurst parameter, which is only valid for stationary (the probability and parameters such as the mean and the standard deviation, do not change as one moves along the series) stochastic (random) processes.”
“The King had been taken for security to a place called Hurst Castle: a lonely house on a rock in the sea, connected with the coast of Hampshire by a rough road two miles long at low water.”
“The part of this Independent Congregation which desired to accept Mr. Allen's plan of harmony, drew out and went in what was called Hurst street, and built themselves a Church.”
Biography of Rev. David Smith of the A. M. E. Church : being a complete history, embracing over sixty years' labor in the advancement of the redeemer's kingdom on Earth : including "The history of the origin and development of Wilberforce University
“The old gentleman is firm as a rock, and scorns the idea of Hurst and”
Looking for tweets for Hurst.