from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of northeast Texas, an industrial and residential suburb of Fort Worth. Population: 38,200.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A surname.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A wood or grove; -- a word used in the composition of many names, as in Hazlehurst.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A wood or grove: now used chiefly in local names, as Hurst, Hazlehurst, Lyndhurst, etc. See the etymology.
- n. The husk or frame of a run of millstones.
- n. The ring of the helve of a trip-hammer, which supports the trunnions.
- n. A sand-bank near a river; also, a shallow in a river.
Sorry, no etymologies found.