from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The week beginning on Whitsunday, especially the first three days of this week.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The week beginning on Whitsunday.
- n. The first three days of the week beginning on Whitsunday.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The week commencing with Whitsunday, esp. the first three days -- Whitsunday, Whitsun Monday, and Whitsun Tuesday; the time of Pentecost.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The season of Pentecost, comprehending the entire week which follows Pentecost Sunday.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. Christian holiday; the week beginning on Whitsunday (especially the first 3 days)
Whitsun (“Whitsunday”) + -tide. (Wiktionary)