from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To explain by relating circumstances; to show that some one, thing or members of a group are present or have been processed.
- v. To be the primary cause of
- v. To constitute in amount or portion.
- v. To make or render a reckoning of funds, persons, or things.
- v. To be answerable for.
- v. To destroy or put out of action.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. give reasons for
- v. be the reason or explanation for
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.