from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or resembling onion, garlic, or similar plants of the genus Allium, particularly in taste and smell.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Smelling or tasting of garlic or onion.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the genus Allium, or garlic, onions, leeks, etc.; having the smell or taste of garlic or onions.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or having the properties of the genus Allium, which includes the onion and garlic.
- Having the peculiar smell or taste of the onion: applied specifically to minerals which contain arsenic and emit a garlic-like odor when heated on charcoal before the blowpipe.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. smelling of onions or garlic
- adj. of or pertaining to the botanical genus Allium
Latin allium, garlic + -aceous.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)