from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or situated on the opposite side or sides of the earth: Australia and Great Britain occupy antipodal regions.
- adj. Diametrically opposed; exactly opposite.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. On opposite sides of the globe
- adj. diametrically opposite
- n. One of the cells at the chalazal pole of an embryo sac.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to the antipodes; situated on the opposite side of the globe.
- adj. Diametrically opposite.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining or relating to the antipodes; situated on or belonging to opposite sides of the globe.
- Hence At the opposite end or extreme; diametrically opposite.
- Also antipodic, antipodical.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the relation of opposition along a diameter
- adj. relating to the antipodes or situated at opposite sides of the earth
Sorry, no etymologies found.