from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A barrow from which apples and other fruit were formerly sold in the street
- n. A planned situation. Back-formation from upset the applecart.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the planning that is disrupted when someone "upsets the applecart".
- n. a cart from which apples and other fruit are sold in the street.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the planning that is disrupted when someone `upsets the applecart'
- n. a handcart from which apples and other fruit are sold in the street
apple + cart (Wiktionary)