from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The formal charging of a defendant with an offense.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of arraigning, or the state of being arraigned; the act of calling and setting a prisoner before a court to answer to an indictment or complaint.
- n. A calling to an account to faults; accusation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In law, the act of arraigning; the act of calling and setting a prisoner before a court to answer to an accusation.
- n. Accusation before any tribunal, as that of reason, taste, etc.; a calling in question for faults; accusation.
- n. Synonyms Prosecution, impeachment, indictment.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a legal document calling someone to court to answer an indictment
Sorry, no etymologies found.