from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Architecture A large window or series of windows projecting from the outer wall of a building and forming a recess within.
- n. Slang A protruding belly; a paunch.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A window space projecting outward from the main walls of a building and forming a bay in a room.
- n. A protruding belly.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- A window forming a bay or recess in a room, and projecting outward from the wall, either in a rectangular, polygonal, or semicircular form; -- often corruptly called a bow window.
- a protruding abdomen.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In architecture, properly, a window forming a recess or bay in a room, projecting outward, and rising from the ground or basement on a plan rectangular, semi-octagonal, or semi-hexagonal, but always straight-sided.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a window that sticks out from the outside wall of a house
- n. slang for a paunch
From bay + window. (Wiktionary)