from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of bell ringer.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a person who rings church bells (as for summoning the congregation).
- n. someone who plays musical handbells.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One whose business is to ring a bell, especially a church-bell or one of a chime of bells; also, a performer with musical hand-bells.
- n. An automatic device upon a locomotive for ringing the bell.
- n. Mechanism for ringing chimes by hand, by means of lever-handles which are connected by wires with the clappers or the axes of the bells, or by water-power, compressed air, or steam operating in various ways to accomplish the same object.
Sorry, no etymologies found.