from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The director of a group of church singers.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the musical director of a choir, who conducts performances and supervises rehearsal
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the musical director of a choir.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The trainer or leader of a choir or chorus; a kapellmeister, precentor, or cantor. Sometimes the offices of choirmaster and organist are separate, sometimes united.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the musical director of a choir
A calque of German Chormeister. (Wiktionary)