from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small decorative object; a trinket.
- n. A miniature book, especially one that is finely crafted.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A bauble, knickknack or trinket
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A small decorative object without practical utility.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A small object of curiosity, beauty, or rarity; especially, an object of this kind which can be kept in a cabinet or on a shelf. See curio.
French, from Old French beubelet, from a reduplication of bel, beautiful, from Latin bellus, handsome; see belle.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)