from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to a chorus.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Including or involving a Greek chorus
- adj. Intended to be sung by a choir or chorus (e.g. a hymn)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to a chorus.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to a chorus; specifically, fitted for the use of the chorus in the ancient Greek drama: as, choric meters, poems, or compositions (that is, the more elaborate as opposed to the simpler meters, etc.). See chorus, 1 .
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to or written for or in the style of a Greek chorus
Late Latin choricus, from Greek khorikos, from khoros, choral dance; see gher-1 in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)