from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To make an area or a thing clean; to pick up a mess; to tidy.
- v. To become clean, handsome, smart in appearance, e.g. for a special occasion, especially when it is out of character to be seen as such.
- v. To make a large profit; to win by a large margin, or to win a large amount, especially in gambling. Also clean house.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. put (things or places) in order
- v. make a big profit; often in a short period of time
- v. dispose of
- v. make oneself clean, presentable or neat
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.