from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- abbr. committee
- abbr. communication
- abbr. commercial as in .com (the most known Internet TLD).
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An obsolete preterit of come. Chaucer.
- n. A prefix of Latin origin, appearing also in other forms, co-, col-, con-, cor-, meaning ‘together,’ ‘with,’ or merely intensive, and in English words often without assignable force. See words following, and those beginning with co-, col-, con-, cor-.
- n. An abbreviation of commissioner, commodore, commander, commerce, committee, commentary, etc.
- n. An abbreviation of commission
- n. of commoner
- n. [capitalized] of commonwealth.
Sorry, no etymologies found.