from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The dried white flesh of the coconut from which coconut oil is extracted.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The dried kernel of the coconut, from which coconut oil is extruded.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The dried meat of the cocoanut, from which cocoanut oil is expressed.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The dried kernel of the cocoanut, one of the principal articles of export from the islands of the Pacific to Europe, where the oil is expressed. It is frequently used as an ingredient of curry. Also written cobra, coprah, and copperah.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the dried meat of the coconut from which oil is extracted
Portuguese, from Malayalam koppara.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Malayalam കൊപ്ര ("kopra"). (Wiktionary)