from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act of refuting or disproving.
- n. Evidence that refutes or disproves.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A refutation.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A proving to be false or erroneous; confutation; refutation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Proof to the contrary; confutation; refutation: as, to offer evidence in disproof of an allegation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any evidence that helps to establish the falsity of something
- n. the act of determining that something is false
dis- + proof, after disprove (Wiktionary)