from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small model house used as a children's toy or to display miniature dolls and furniture.
- n. A house so small that it is likened to a toy house.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A miniature house used by children as a toy or as a base for domestic dioramas.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a house so small that it is likened to a child's dollhouse. Sometimes used in reference to a small house with especially elaborate exterior decoration.
- n. a small model of a house used as a toy by children, usually including miniature furniture and other objects that can be arranged inside it as the would be in a real house.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a small model of a house used as a toy by children
- n. a house so small that it is likened to a child's plaything
Sorry, no etymologies found.