from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Free; frank.
- adj. Generous; noble; excellent; beautiful; lovely.
- adv. In a free manner.
- adv. Without interference or restriction.
- adv. Of one's own free will.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. In a free manner; without restraint or compulsion; abundantly; gratuitously.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Free; frank; generous; noble; excellent.
- In a free manner; under free conditions; with freedom; without hindrance, interference, or restraint: as, to move freely.
- Without constraint, reserve, or hesitation; unreservedly; frankly; openly.
- Without reluctance or niggardliness; willingly.
- Liberally; unstintedly; plentifully.
- Nobly; excellently; admirably.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. in a free manner
From Middle English frely, freelich, from Old English frēolīc ("free, freeborn, glorious, stately, magnificent, noble, beautiful, charming"), equivalent to free + -ly. Compare Middle Low German vrilik, vrigelik ("free"), Middle High German vrīlich ("free"). (Wiktionary)
From Middle English frely, freliche, from Old English frēolīċe ("freely, readily, as a festival"), equivalent to free + -ly. Compare Dutch vrijelijk ("freely"), German freilich ("certainly, of course"). (Wiktionary)